Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First Post....

This is a usual response I get from my clients... most the horses love to thank me for my work...

Ok, about me. I am 31 and live in Humboldt County, Ca. That's up on the North Coast of California, almost in Oregon. We have quite an interesting time here, keeping horses barefoot and happy. It rains most the year, and when it doesn't, it is damp from fog. The footing is acidic soil from the great Redwood Trees and the pastures are sugar rich dairy cattle land...Not exactly the perfect situation for bare hooves. But it does make for interesting times, and if WE can make barefooting work, most "normal" climate horse owners should have little problems... :) I am starting this blog, so I can chronicle some of my trimming jobs (I have been a Barefoot Trimmer for about 4yrs now) and to help get information out there on Barefooting, Booting, and everything related to horse and hoof health. I also ride endurance, so my barefoot endurance adventures will be chronicled as well. Hopefully someone will find some useful information here, or at least some amusement if nothing else :) And please, if you ever want to do a guest post on an interesting topic, have a topic suggestion, or just want to leave helpful comments, please do! :)

1 comment: